Wirtschaftsvereinigung Stahl (WV Stahl) is the economic and political association of the steel industry in Germany with its headquarters in Düsseldorf. It represents the interests of the steel producers and associated foreign member companies in terms of politics business and the general public.
The SMART PR team was entrusted with the development of a web-based and interactive online and social media communication – dialogical, authentic, value-added-driven, informative and up-to-date. For this purpose, various websites and formats based on four pillars with different editorial formats were implemented:
- Website: Revision of the site as a central information hub with a social media newsroom and detailed background information
- Blog: Experts from the steel industry and science shed light on the topics of the steel industry and give users the opportunity to discuss with them in a specialist manner.
- Twitter: real-time communication on current topics and events
- YouTube: Videos and interviews on the core topics
I. Blog stahl-blog.de
Further development of the communication concept with target group-oriented information about the material steel and the steel industry in Germany.
- Analysis of the volume of conversations in social media and development of an online and social media strategy
- Relaunch of the website with content strategy for social media and conception as well as implementation of www.stahl-blog.de
- Up to 35,000 visitors per month on the blog and 1-3 posts on Google Page 1
II. Microsite effizienz-mit-stahl.de
- Development and implementation of an online information portal (www.effizienz-mit-stahl.de) as a dialogue platform for energy efficiency networks in the steel industry
- Communication goals are the creation of the public visibility of the steel industry as part of the energy efficiency networks as well as an image improvement, fulfilment of the duty to inform.
- Design of a microsite & brochure: Concept, layout and content implementation of the online platform and accompanying print materials
- Digital communication on energy efficiency management in cooperation with the members of the association.
III. Explanatory video
- Multi-media contribution on „Steel and climate protection“
- Creation of a 3D video animation on the challenges climate policy poses to the steel industry, including the core message „Climate protection begins with steel“.
- The video conveys the message in a playful way and links to more detailed information on the website.
- With the help of this digital implementation, the complex topic of „climate protection“ and its relevant players have been presented clearly and easily understandable.